Sunday, July 21, 2019

Love you like a poem

We all reveal bits and pieces of ourselves in how we dress, speak and through our associations and body language. Sometimes we could benefit from an interpreter to ensure we get it right, not wrong.

So parsing a person is a thing, right? Maybe. This poem honours my one true love and how much depth she continues to reveal.

Love you like a poem

In the hip pocket of my memory
is an image of you
cat-stretched and golden
in the warm morning light.
Like a poem I read you
over and over
from opening line
to parting verse.
And on my lips
the taste of each word
lingers.
I love you like a poem.
I return to you
and your rhythm;
my feelings and my thoughts
rhyme with yours.
I love you slowly,
one syllable at a time
one image after another,
world upon world,
kiss upon kiss.

Dawn slips under the blind
caressing
your supine form
while I dance in the limelight 
of your sea-green gaze.


Phillip
Sydney

20 November 2012

No comments: